HOW WE ARE ADDRESSING CORONAVIRUS CONCERNS
The families we serve are always our top priority. During confusing and concerning times such as the current COVID-19 event, we want to share our plans with you. We want to assure you that we are all in this together.
First, we are closely monitoring and following all guidelines from the CDC, national and state funeral associations, and local and state emergency services. In consideration of guidance issued by authorities, we now feel it is safe to hold public services in our facilities, at approximately 50 percent capacity and in accordance with appropriate social distancing measures. We can also allow for public graveside services, as long as social distancing measures are in place, and we will defer to the policy of each individual church to determine restrictions on church services. We can offer the family a video recording of the service that can be posted to our website for remote viewing by family and friends who cannot attend the service.
We have set in place new measures to help accommodate members of the public. We will make every effort to accommodate families in making arrangements and conducting services in any capacity needed to ensure their safety and comfort while honoring their loved one.
- Arrangements can be made remotely, using a combination of online resources and teleconference.
We are expanding our ability to webcast funerals.
- We encourage the use of our online guestbooks and our new “Hugs from Home” program for condolence messages to the family
- We have placed reminders throughout our funeral homes to ask that physical contact, such as shaking hands or hugging, be limited with family members
- Our gathering spaces will be set up to accommodate social distancing
- We will offer hand sanitizer throughout all of our facilities, and we have enacted extra cleaning in all public and private areas.
Again, our family and staff are here to serve, protect, and honor each family as we have been for over 107 years. If you have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to call.